There has never been a better Focusrite audio interface than the Red 4Pre. Offering four Red Evolution micro preamps, specially developed for this interface and equipped with Air function, high impedance inputs, a new conversion technology. For a total of 58 inputs and 64 outputs, the Red 4Pre incorporates two Thunderbolt 2 ports for ultra-low latency, and a direct connection to Pro Tools|HD systems. Add to that the ability to connect 64 additional channels via Dante (audio networking via Ethernet), and you get the most advanced, most versatile audio interface today for unparalleled sound quality.
The microphone preamps, controllable from the Focusrite Control software, deliver clear, transparent sound for -129 dB EIN (Equivalent Inout Noise) and 63 dB gain. The preamps feature the Air function that authentically reproduces the sound of legendary ISA preamps – an ideal device to bring grain to a voice or heat to an acoustic guitar. The new high-performance Red 4Pre conversion technology based on two paired converters running in parallel to increase the signal/noise ratio achieves a high degree of performance. They operate up to 24-bit, 192 kHz – ideal for high-resolution work – with a dynamic range of 118 dB (A-D) / 121 dB (D-A). The Red 4Pre delivers a harmonic + noise distortion rate (THD + Noise) of less than 0.0009% and a frequency response curve of 20 Hz at 35 kHz 0.25 dB.
The Red 4Pre offers multiple connection possibilities. Not only does it have two Thunderbolt 2 ports – enabling the chaining of multiple devices with ultra-low latency; it also includes two Digilink connectors for direct connection to a Pro Tools | HD system or Avid interface. In addition, it is looking to the future with its Ethernet ports for a network link via the Dante protocol. Add up to 64 additional inputs/outputs as needed by combining it with a Dante-equipped interface, such as the Rednet range, with low latency and low cost – with a simple Ethernet cable.
With its sleek and robust design, the Red 4Pre is the perfect balance between functionality, transparency, sound quality and flexibility that audio professionals around the world expect from Focusrite.
- Digilink (Pro Tools | HD), Thunderbolt 3 or Dante interface simultaneously without optional card
- High performance audio conversion with more than 118 dB of dynamic range AD and 121 dB dynamic range DA
- Ultra-low round-trip latency to monitor plug-ins and record virtual instruments in real time
- 16 DB-25 line inputs, coupled with 16 line outputs and 2 Monitor outputs
- 2 digital mic preamps with up to 63 dB gain, stereo stéréo link ’, individual 48 V power supply, high-pass filter and phase inversion
- Air mode on preamps, giving recordings the clarity of a transformer-based ISA
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Dante dual card
- 3 LCD screens for very precise level measurement
- Focusrite Control software mixer for monitoring and routing configurations, with remote control of preamps
- 2 discrete high fidelity outputs
- Connect multiple digital sources using I / O word clock and loop synchronization I / O
- 2 instrument inputs on the front panel
- Red 2 and Red 3 plug-ins in AAX / AU / VST formats
- Mac OS X system requirements • Mac OS Sierra, Thunderbolt 3 (Type-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
- In the box
- Red 16Line
- Thunderbolt 3 cable
- Software included
- Focusrite Control
- RedNet PCIe drivers (included with RedNet Control)
- Audinate Dante Controller (with RedNet Control)
- Red 2 & 3 Plugin Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Brainworx bx_console Focusrite