There has never been a better range of Focusrite audio interface than the Red series. Complementing the new Red range, the Red 8Pre has eight Red Evolution mic preamps, specially developed for this interface and equipped with the AIR function, high impedance inputs, new conversion technology as well as 64 inputs and 64 outputs (including 16 analog inputs and 18 analog outputs).
Red 8Pre also includes two Thunderbolt 2 ports for ultra-low latency (1.67 ms), and direct connection to Pro Tools | HD systems. Add to that the possibility of connecting 32 additional channels via Dante (audio networking via Ethernet), and you get the most advanced, the most flexible of the current audio interfaces for unequaled sound quality.
The microphone preamps, controllable from the Focusrite Control software, deliver a clear, transparent sound, for -129 dB EIN (Equivalent Inout Noise) and 63 dB of gain. The preamps are equipped with the AIR function which authentically reproduces the sound of the legendary ISA preamps - ideal for adding grain to a vocal pick-up or warmth to an acoustic guitar. New high performance Parallel Path Summing conversion technology achieves a high level of performance. They operate at up to 24-bit, 192 kHz - ideal for working in high resolution - with a dynamic range of 118 dB (A-D) / 121 dB (D-A). The Red 8Pre delivers a harmonic distortion + noise rate (THD + Noise) of less than 0.0009% and a frequency response curve from 20 Hz to 35 kHz ± 0.25 dB.
The Red 8Pre offers incredible connection possibilities. Not only does it have two Thunderbolt 2 ports - allowing chaining of multiple devices with ultra-low latency; it also includes two DigiLink connectors for direct connection to a Pro Tools | HD or an Avid interface. In addition to that, it is looking to the future with its Ethernet ports for a network link via the Dante protocol. Add up to 32 additional I / O as needed by combining it with a Dante-equipped interface, such as those in the RedNet range, with low latency and at low cost - using a single Ethernet cable.
With its sleek and robust design, the Red 8Pre is the perfect balance of functionality, transparency, sound quality and flexibility that audio professionals around the world expect from Focusrite.
- - The ultimate in audio interfaces - The Red series is the best range of Focusrite interfaces ever designed to date. The clearest preamps, the best converters and a build quality that surpasses the original range of the legendary Red.
- - The best performance - Delivering an ultra-precise digital conversion up to 24-bit / 192 kHz with a dynamic range of 121 dB, the converters of the Red 8Pre use a parallel configuration of signal summation for optimal rendering and uncompromising quality on dynamics. The exceptional performance of the Red 8Pre is perfect for high-resolution audio.
- - Eight Air-equipped Red Evolution preamps - Deliver up to 63 dB of ultra-clear gain as well as phantom power on each channel. There is also the possibility of recalling your preferred settings, stereo link, HPF and polarity inverter, and also of controlling the AIR function allowing the switch to the ISA preamp.
- - Clear, sleek and stylish front panel - Color Lcd screens and assignable control buttons make the Red 8Pre quick and easy to use. Each setting can be made on the front panel or via the Focusrite Control software.
- - Two Thundebolt ports for chaining - With two Thunderbolt ports, you can connect to your favorite DAW while connecting other Thunderbolt devices (external hard drive for example).
- - Pro Tools direct connection - In addition to Thunderbolt, the Red 8Pre offers the possibility of connecting to Pro Tools HD systems or to an Avid interface via its double DigiLink connection.
- - Dante network integration - The Red 8Pre is equipped with a Dante network card with two Ethernet ports to extend the number of available channels throughout your network with low latency and at low cost. Add channels by connecting another Red or another Dante-equipped device.
- - 1.67 ms latency - A latency so low that you can record on your favorite DAW while recording a virtual instrument in real time, allowing you to mix and do the overdubs, with armed plugins, on the same session without adding an external DSP.
- - Maximum expansion capacities - Add up to 32 channels to the Red 8Pre with a simple Ethernet connection. The Dante protocol allows multiple channels to be controlled over long distances, at low latency and at low cost, without having to spend more on unnecessary hardware.
- - Instrument inputs on the front - Allow easy access to the high impedance inputs even when the unit is racked.
- - 64 inputs and 64 outputs - including 16 analog inputs and 18 outputs.
- - Software suite included - Each Red 8Pre includes Focusrite Control software to control preamps and configure, save your favorite mix settings. Also included is the Red Plug-in Suite emulating the classic Red 2 (EQ) and Red 3 (Compressor). And finally, the Softube Time and Tone bundle - a unique plugin pack including four professional quality plugins from the Softube collection: Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor, TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay and Saturation Knob.
- - Macintosh computer with Thunderbolt port (s)
- - OS 10.9 Mavericks
- - OS 10.10 Yosemite
- - OS 10.11 El Capitan
Software suite included
- - Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- - Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- - Focusrite Control for configuration of monitoring and routing
- - Brainworx bx_console Focusrite
- 2 m Thunderbolt cable included