The Beta 58A is a premium vocal mic ideally suited for professional lead and backup vocals, either on stage or in the studio.
HOW DOES THIS COMPARE TO THE LEGENDARY SM58?
Both are designed for vocal use and have a bright midrange and bass roll-off. The Beta 58A has increased sensitivity and high-end frequency response which results in a cleaner more detailed sound. It also features a supercardioid polar pattern compared to the SM58’s cardioid, giving it greater unwanted sound rejection and more resistance to feedback.Frequency responseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effectUniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off–axis soundNeodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise outputHardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuseAdvanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibrationMinimally effected by varying load impedanceLegendary Shure quality and reliability
- Transducer TypeA transducer converts sound into an electrical signal. The two most common types are dynamic and condenser.Read moreGo to the glossary : Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 16 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -51,5 dBV/Pa / 2,6 mV/Pa
- Weight: 278 g
- Frequency Response Curve: