As a 4-input/4-output USB audio/MIDI interface, the US-4x4 is perfect for music creation – and novice users in particular. It offers serious recording capabilities with 96 kHz/24-bit quality with easy-to-understand operation so users can make high-quality recordings as soon as the interface is connected.
Mic preamps are the key to audio quality, and the Ultra-HDDA mic preamps in the US-4x4 boasts –125 dBu EIN rating which means a very, very low noise floor. Because of the wide dynamic range, this interface can also be used with dynamic microphones in addition to condenser mics. This makes it ideal for a variety of applications from recording vocals, pianos and acoustic guitars.
The radical eye-catching angled design was crafted by a German designer, who has worked on numerous well-known devices used for music creation, and is optimized for ease of use on the desktop.
The newly designed driver software is easy to install, and easy to master by anyone. Operation has been tested with major DAW applications, so the user can choose their favourite DAW without concern. The US-4x4 can also be used as audio interface with iPads and other popular iOS devices by simply utilizing a genuine Apple Lightning-to-USB camera adapter (an AC adapter for use with iOS devices is already included as standard).
With the potential for future use with other DAWs and iOS devices, four microphone preamps for multi-mic setups and four configurable balanced outputs, the US-4x4 is the ideal choice for the novice user requiring more than two audio channels.
Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide pristine audio quality
Our original Ultra-HDDA mic preamps allow you to input high-quality audio from any audio source just by turning a knob. These are the same mic preamps that are in our HS-P82 professional recorders, which are popular in the broadcast and film industry. These versatile preamps can handle both condenser and dynamic mics, and will allow you to enjoy high-quality recording even if you are not an expert. These versatile preamps also feature line-level inputs for keyboards and other equipment.
- Built-in Ultra-HDDA mic preamps have discrete construction that achieve −125 dBu EIN (Equivalent Input Noise)
- The interfaces employ NE5532 op-amps for the audio input and output stages
- XLR/TRS jacks allow the input of condenser mics and the balanced connection of synthesizers and other equipment
- Wide dynamic range supports dynamic microphone use
- Guitars can be directly connected enabling the use of 3rd-party plug-in effects
Simple, easy-to-understand operation and a newly-developed USB driver
Sleek industrial design that inspires creativity with a practical interface
Support for iPads and other iOS devices
Multi-mic recording – perfect for use in live performances
Bundled DAW software enables music creation right out of the box
Listen to a sound example for US-4x4 and TM-80
Here’s a sound sample (link to soundcloud.com) of music created with a Tascam US-4x4 audio interface and Tascam TM-80 microphones. The track includes acoustic guitar and vocals and has been produced by the Japanese composer Masaku Murata.
He used three TM-80s for the acoustic guitar: two were placed in front of the guitar, one pointing at the center and the other one pointing at the bridge. The third TM-80 was placed farther away for ambience.
Vocals were picked up by a fourth TM-80. For mixing, Murata used Sonar Platinum with its included plugins and ProChannel effects. No additional plugins were used for the mix.
- High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –125 dBu)
- NE5532 operational amplifier for audio input and output circuits
- Recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit
- Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
- 4-in/4-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
- Four XLR/TRS (mic/line) analogue inputs with phantom power
- Input 1/2 selectable between line and instrument level
- Wide input gain range of 57dB for dynamic microphones
- Zero-latency monitoring (direct monitoring)
- Four TRS analogue outputs
- Two headphones outputs delivering 45 mW per channel
- Independent level controls for line and phones output
- MIDI input/output
- Source of audio output can be selected on settings panel
- Selectable input monitor mode (stereo/mono)
- AC adapter included
- USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iOS connection
- Standalone operation for practice sessions
- Bundled with Sonar X3 LE and Ableton Live Lite 9
- DAW compatibility (Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live)
- Rugged aluminum body
- Angled industrial design for ease-of-use on a desktop
New features in Version 2.0
- Notification function keeps you updated with the latest information for your product
- Automatic update notification helps you to keep your software and firmware up to date (you can install new updates with the press of a button)
- The settings panel has been redesigned for easier control including the ability to save custom settings for future use